A dermaroller is a handheld device that is outfitted with dozens of surgical grade needles. The needles are designed to penetrate the stratum corneum stimulating collagen which aims to restore youth and smoothness to skin.
How does it work?
The micro needles in a dermaroller open up pores and pierce small arteries and veins within the dermis layer of skin. These micro channels create a confluent zone of superficial bleeding that acts as a powerful stimulus for the release of various growth factors such as platelet like growth factor, transforming growth factor alpha, transforming growth factor beta, fibroblast growth factor etc which initiate the normal process of wound healing by stimulating the migration and proliferation of fibroblasts that promote collagen deposition.
The actions of a dermaroller can treat a number of skin conditions like:
- Acne marks
- Stretch marks
- Burn scars
- Cellulite reduction
- Skin whitening
- Hair loss
Skin responds very well to the actions of dermaroller and within a few weeks skin will be visibly smoother.
The length of needles can vary from 0.5 to 2 mm. In order to achieve a uniform depth of e penetration the needles are placed at an angle of 15 degrees in relation to the surface of dermaroller. To achieve the therapeutic benefits, this needle studded cylinder is rolled on the skin in multiple directions. This process is usually performed under topical or local anesthesia. For acne 1.5 to 2 mm and for wrinkles 0.5 to 1 mm long needles are used.
Treatments with a dermaroller are performed at weekly intervals and multiple sittings are needed to achieve the desired effect on the skin.
Indications for different microneedle lengths
- The 2.5 to 3.0 mm needles can remove wrinkles, body extended scars and burning scars.
- The 2.0 mm size needles can remove small injury scars, wrinkles around eyes and acne scars.
- The 1.0 to 1.5 mm size needles can remove wrinkles, skin pigmentation and help smooth acne scars.
- The 0.5 mm size needles can help build beautiful smooth and healthy skin and prevent hair loss and improve skin pigmentation.
- The 0.2/0.25/0.3mm size needles are perfect for home care therapy and improving alopecia.
Multiple sessions are required for effective and long lasting results.
- Derma Pen is a revolutionary micro-needling device which aims to tighten and rejuvenate skin. It is a motorized surgical instrument that uses a disposable needle tip cartridge with 9 needle tips. It is more effective than derma roller because it has faster speed , short session time, adjustable needle depth, minimal pain and it is easier to use.It visibly improves the appearance of
- Fine lines
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Surgical and trauma scars
At HAIRLIFE we provide the highest quality DermaPen micro-needle skin therapy that enhances rejuvenation results and causes much less epidermal damage than the alternative procedures.